Follow Me!

Friday, August 22, 2014

The First Step

It's easy to talk a big game, but talk is cheap. It means nothing if you don't take action. You can prepare yourself, do research, make plans, and tell your friends about it. You still have to take that first step towards your goals.

People can be afraid to take action, to reach out towards their goals. It's OK to be afraid, but you can't let it stop you from taking action. There is always the possibility of failure. What is the worst that can happen if you fail? For me the worst that could happen is for me to spend a lot of time doing something I love and not make any money doing it. Boo Hoo..  I'm going to write anyway. Making money doing it is bonus. My other goals I know are easy to reach. I've lost weight before. I've revamped my wardrobe before. I know what works and what doesn't.

The reason for this blog post doesn't have to do with my writing though. I took that first step over a year and a half ago. I walked several miles today and did well on my diet as well. I have planned for a change in wardrobe also. I have been looking for shirts all week at different places. I found a few good deals, but had not purchased anything until today. JC Penny's had a sale today, so I purchased several shirts and ties. I didn't pay more than $25 for any of the shirts I got. The shirt I like the most out of the ones I purchased only cost me $16. These are shirts that normally would cost me $60 each if they weren't on sale. On top of that the salesman at the register scanned a coupon for me for another 15% off. I'm pretty happy with my purchases thus far. I plan to model them for instagram tomorrow. You can follow me here: http://instagram.com/ninjadueces22 or @ninjadueces.

Don't just talk about it, be about it. If you set goals for yourself then you should follow through with them. Don't be afraid to try and fail. It's how we learn. You can always adapt and overcome any obstacles in your way. Just because you fail once doesn't mean you will fail the next time. You are almost guaranteed to get a second chance, third, fourth, etc.. With enough perseverance, determination, hard work, dedication, blood, sweat, and tears you CAN succeed. It all starts with that first step.

No comments: