Follow Me!

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Supernatural and Grim

Wattpad

For the past few months I have been using a neat little feature on the Wattpad app that allows you to quote text from a story in your library. It's great promotional tool for social media like facebook, instagram, tumblr, etc.. You can see the latest graphic to the left. The quote is from the last update for my story Grim that is updated on Mondays. Within the app you can select text from a story, click share, and then you can pick a background. There are several premade backgrounds to choose from. You can also use the story's cover graphic or a custom graphic of your choosing.

I would highly recommend Wattpad for any writer, but this feature is a bonus for any professional. It is quick, easy, and effective. The Wattpad app is severely lacking in some aspects compared to the website, but they have made some great improvements. The upgrades have made the Wattpad app more than a simple e-reader for the stories on the website. I can't wait to see what updates they put in place next.

Supernatural

When promoting my story Grim, I have been using the hashtag #supernatural because the story is a supernatural thriller about a grim-reaper. Whenever I post one of these promotional pictures on instagram, I get a quite a few likes from people I don't know. There is apparently a group of people that will like anything under that hashtag all because of a TV show titled Supernatural.

I happen to enjoy the show, and the 9th season of Supernatural is now available on Netflix. I watched the last episode of that season today, and I would recommend the show to anyone. It's got a bit of everything, Angels, Demons, Vampires, Werewolves, Leviathans, etc.. and there are nine seasons of the creamy goodness to consume. One of the things that I enjoy most about the show is how it always seems to introduce new themes to the same story without becoming stale. It feels old and familiar while bringing along something fresh and new. I try to do the same with Grim.

Grim can be read on Wattpad here: http://www.wattpad.com/story/15571872-grim
The first 9 seasons of Supernatural can be seen on Netflix: http://www.netflix.com
Season 10 of Supernatural is currently airing on Tuesdays on the CW: http://www.cwtv.com/shows/supernatural

No comments: