Follow Me!

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Change In The Air

I appreciate all of you who have been following me since the beginning, and have been supporting me. I am going to make yet another change in direction for this blog. This past month where I was updating nearly every day has shown me a few things. Daily updates work. I get a lot more traffic to my blog by updating daily. The downside is that I have had a lot less time to write.

I recently read a blog post on The Creative Pen blog that outlined a few paths to success as a writer. It wasn't anything new that I hadn't seen before, but I then sat down and thought about it. To truly be successful I am going to have to be a prolific author. My novel has been in the works for almost 2 years, and that simply won't cut it. I have been writing other stories, and all of the writing combined would be enough for another novel if it were all one story. I need to get to the point where I can write and publish a new novel in at least 6 months.

That means that I need to spend a lot more time working on my writing and a lot less on promotion and my blog. That doesn't mean I'm going to stop updating here. It means that a lot of my posts that don't get much traffic and cost me a lot of time are going to go away. Some of the features that are going to stay are my regular blog posts (although these may pop up less often), the music playlists, and movie reviews. The rest of my updates will begin to take a more conversational tone like this one. I will try to update daily, but if I miss an update I'm not going to feel bad about it. I am going to put my writing first, and hopefully once I get more and more of my writing published on Amazon it will prove to be worth it.

Some of my other features will still pop up from time to time. My graphics with quotes from my stories on Wattpad will continue to pop up on twitter, facebook, instagram, and tumblr. The memes I have been making are quick and easy to make also. They will continue to pop up across my social media outlets. They just won't be here on my blog anymore. Those updates are already seen across my social media accounts. There is no reason for me to link to the same thing here. Now it's time to get back to some good old #amwriting.

No comments: