Follow Me!

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Will the Next Contestant Come on Down!

I have been excited lately for a few writing contests that I have entered. I'll get to those in a second. I just reached 1000 reads on my work The Ghost on Wattpad. I wanted to thank all of you who made that possible.  I hope you have all enjoyed it! On my current project I have finished with edits on chapter 10, and have started chapter 11. There is a lot of exposition. I have a lot of rewriting to do.

OK enough of that jibber jabber. Let's talk about these contests! I mentioned the contests on Wattpad briefly in last week's blog post, but I wanted to elaborate a bit more on them. Have any of you participated in a writing contest before? What was your experience like?

 And that was the last time I saw them

This is the contest I am most excited about. All of the contestants are to write a tale based off that line. I have an idea for that writing prompt that has me excited. I have already started writing it, and I hope to have the first part up on wattpad shortly.

It is the tale of a homicide detective who is working a late night shift. A man comes in who wants to confess to being a serial killer that the police have been looking for. The detective questions the man. The story the man tells is compelling, but there is no proof. Is he the killer? Can the police arrest him with no proof? Is he a complete nutjob?

The Writer

This contest is based off the TV show The Voice. I don't watch the show, so I have no idea how this will turn out. They start with 50 possible contestants. The 4 writing mentors choose 8 writers. I've been chosen for one of the teams based on my work on The Ghost story. There is only one spot left open so far, so this one should be starting soon.

 





No comments: