Follow Me!

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Noah

Rated PG-13 / 2 hr 18 min / Adventure - Drama

What is it about?

This movie is a retelling of the biblical story of Noah. The decendants of Cain had corrupted the world to the point where God felt obligated to intervene. God gave a vision to Noah of the disaster to come. Noah was tasked with building an ark and saving all of the innocent animals. His children and wife help him with building the ark. The animals gather and board the ship. The rain comes shortly after that as the legions of Cain's decendants try to board at the last minute. They are all washed away by the flood.

You will like it if...

You like epic stories based on the Bible. It's hard to take on a biblical story that is so well known without alienating a few people. Some may not like the interpretation. Some may not like it simply because it's a religious movie. The movie itself has fantastic visuals. I'm a bit conflicted when I think about Russell Crowe's performance. In spots he owns the torment his character is in, and in others he is about as emotional as a block of wood. Jennifer Connelly is fantastic as she is in just about every movie she is in. She really outshines the rest of the cast even if it was only a supporting role. Considering the length of the movie and the straightforward subject matter, you would expect it to be a bit boring in spots. I didn't notice any lulls in the movie until near the end when all I wanted to do was go empty my bladder. They explore every aspect of the story and show the tortured nature of Noah. I enjoyed the movie quite a bit more than I thought I would. It is an epic story that will keep those interested in it entertained from start to finish.

1 comment:

Corabelle said...

I had not heard of this movie until reading your blog. It is sounds pretty good. I will have to rent it when it comes out on DVD. Jennifer Connelly is one of my favorite actresses. Connelly has such a presence on film, I think I would enjoy watching her on stage.